Sunday, December 31, 2006

Klee- Make no mistake – the McDonald's story is one for the ages.

I put on my uniform and felt consumed by blue. That isn't metaphor or allegory, size small is giant. I donned my hat and it was the proudest my father has ever been. Not really, but he said it was in the top five. This made me take off my visor and tie and do some real introspection.

I wasn't asked why I felt I was a viable candidate or where my loyalties lie. My ten AM interview turned out to be a exercize in filling in bubbles, marking yes or no on the would-this-be-appropriate-for-you-to-do scale. Examples included:

A small child has dropped his ice cream cone and is crying loudly. Would you:

1. Tell him to be quiet and clean up his mess.

2. Tell him to wait in line for a free ice cream.

3. Replace his ice cream and tell him not to worry about the mess.

Apparently my sensibilities align with McDonalds, because after replacing his ice cream I was asked to come to an orientation. This also called for some self-evaluation.

After about five minutes of intense reflection I scheduled an orientation for the next day. Orientation included very little orientating, but there were a lot of forms and I promised to tell on anyone who said I had nice legs/tits/cheekbones/poise.

I still don't know how to make a sammich or keep your cheeks from becoming professional wrestlers with all the smiling but I have a six hour shift tomorrow and I'm hopeful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg dear. the part about yer father being the proudest he's ever been? omg thats awesome. at any rate, you now know who this is. so i love you. and im bummed about you not coming. but i hiope you have fun etaing the suop. i cant spell apparently. rather, type. much love. epace.

Chris Carter said...

Klee, dear,
Tell me when you are working the drive thru, I have a hankering for patent fries.

Happy Huband said...

Happy new year
good luck

Not Chosen said...

Klee,

Thanks for the link. I linked back. Interested to read more.

Happy New Year,
Not Chosen, Just Posin'

sarah said...

Did he say what the other top 4 were?